Saturday, November 3, 2012

The start of something new: You Name It!

Here it is: the first post of what I hope will be a great experience and a successful home-based business! Let me tell you how I got here and what I plan on doing on my little spot on the web.

I live on Samos Island in Greece with my husband and our 2 boys. My husband and I run a water sports center from May until October, and spend our time in the winter collecting our olives and making our own olive oil. If I find the time for it, I might even start another blog about our beautiful island, showing everybody what a great place it is to visit for holidays! For now though, this blog is about my trying to find something to do besides our summer job: something I could do to escape from the daily household chores and that I would enjoy doing.

After our first son was born, I decided to make our own birth announcements. Come to think of it, that is probably when my little creativity seed was planted! 

Where I used a template from a card-making website for this birth announcement, I soon moved on to making the baptism invitations from scratch. The response from family and friends was wonderful! I guess this is where I subconsciously started my personalized cards business.
Needless to say that I made both birth announcement and baptism invitations for our second son as well. In the winter after our youngest son turned 1, I started looking into expanding my hobby. I created Christmas & Easter cards and personalized wrappers for chocolate and candy bars. During the summer while I was working at our water sports business, there is hardly any time for non-beach related activities, but in the winter I continued to expand my graphics library. 

Now that another summer season has come to an end, I feel I am ready to try and make my hobby into a small home based business. I hope you enjoy reading about and looking at my newest creations, as I will post them on this blog. Your comments and suggestions are welcome! Thank you for joining me on this new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment